Lasers have completely changed the way periodontists and dentists treat gum disease.
The LANAP® Protocol for Minimally Invasive Periodontitis Treatment
When approximately three in four people have gum disease, and only about three percent are getting treated, it is a serious concern. As research has shown, periodontitis has many effects, including exacerbation of systemic problems like diabetes, heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis. Unfortunately, many individuals avoid going to a dentist or periodontist for their periodontal disease because they worry about discomfort, cost and timing.
The LANAP® protocol effectively removes all their worries
Millennium Dental Technologies developed the LANAP® protocol, which is FDA-cleared to treat periodontitis. The LANAP® protocol is a laser gum surgery that features the handheld PerioLase® MVP-7™ digital dental laser. This laser is an invaluable tool in the hands of a certified, trained provider, allowing fast, superior eradication of the bacteria that cause gum disease. The PerioLase® MVP-7™ digital dental laser also selectively removes necropsied gum tissue, while leaving healthy tissue behind to regenerate.
Learn more about the LANAP® protocol from Atlanta metro area periodontist and dental implant coach Dr. Gordon Fraser, (800) 670-0978.
The Future of Gum Disease Treatment
Is Available Today!
The Benefits of the LANAP® Protocol for Patients
As an alternative to traditional gum surgery, there are numerous patient advantages that come with the LANAP® protocol:
- There is minimal downtime, swelling and discomfort after the procedure.
- The procedure only takes about two hours.
- They can go back to work the same day, in most cases.
- They do not have to worry about having their gums cut and sutured.
- The outcomes are very effective.
- They can often save teeth that may have been considered unsalvageable.
The Benefits of the LANAP® Protocol for Periodontists and Dentists
Periodontists and dentists have realized that the LANAP® protocol is advantageous for them, as well:
- Appointments don’t take as long as traditional gum surgeries, so more patients can be served in the same amount of time.
- The PerioLase® MVP-7™ is highly precise, offering tremendous control thanks to its operation wavelength of 1064 nm.
- Dental providers can become trained & certified on the LANAP® protocol & the PerioLase® MVP-7™ in about a year.
- Patients experience minimal discomfort & require fewer methods of sedation with the LANAP® protocol.
- To discuss coaching on the LANAP® protocol, call Dr. Fraser at (800) 670-0978.