Patients with inflammation around their dental implants in Atlanta, GA, may find relief through the LAPIP™ protocol.
Why Peri-Implantitis Develops
Over the years, patients across the world have opted to replace their missing teeth with dental implants. Sometimes, the implant sites become infected due to a growth of bacteria, even years after the dental implant surgery has occurred. This type of inflammation of the connective tissues is called peri-implantitis.
Peri-implantitis must be treated rapidly, or it can lead to further problems such as the loss of the dental implant and reduction of bone density. One of the most innovative, safe methods to treat peri-implantitis is the LAPIP™ protocol. This method of laser dentistry uses a PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser, developed by Millennium Dental Technologies, creators of the LANAP® protocol. The PerioLase® MVP-7™ is capable of removing the bad bacteria from around the dental implant in order to facilitate regeneration of the surrounding connective tissues and healing of the site.
As a certified and trained LAPIP™ protocol provider in the Atlanta, GA, region,
Dr. Gordon Fraser is happy to discuss this method of laser dentistry. Just call 800-670-0978.
Patients Prefer the LAPIP™ Protocol Over Traditional Peri-Implantitis Surgery
Patients with peri-implantitis have shown an acceptance of the LAPIP™ protocol over traditional, non-laser surgical methods. The reasons are simple:
- The LAPIP™ Protocol is minimally invasive and requires very little anesthetic.
- They can go back to work after the LAPIP™ procedure, if they wish.
- They can begin to experience results immediately following this type of laser dentistry.
- They have a much better chance of keeping their dental implants if they develop peri-implantitis.
- There is no incising or suturing of the gums, and minimal bleeding occurs.
- The LAPIP™ protocol is growing in popularity among people who are on blood thinners.
Exceptional Results Are
the Hallmark of the LAPIP™ Protocol
What to Expect From Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry is becoming the gold standard in dental care for dentists and periodontists. That is because it allows them to:
- Work more easily with patients who have a fear of the dentist
- Achieve greater precision and control
- Avoid complications related to incisions and sutures
- Provide a more comfortable, time-saving experience for their patients
Contact PURE PERIO at (800) 670-0978 to talk to Dr. Fraser about inflammation in patients with dental implants in Atlanta, GA.